Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sneak Peek Saturday - Cake Topper



Well, I'm a day late.  My schedule lately has been kind of crazy.  MMM and I went to Mama Sass's house for Easter weekend.  We had such a lovely time.  She is always so good to me.  We played a while with a pile of thrifted sweaters, and sewed up a little surprise for later in the week.  I gave her the footstool I had reupholstered for her, and she liked it very much, so that was a win.  MMM and I enjoyed lots of yummy meals.  Saturday's breakfast was a pan of deliciously gooey cinnamon pull-a-parts, eggs, bacon, and sausage.  Sunday's was much the same, except in place of the cinnamon rolls, we had sourdough pancakes.  She also made green chile enchiladas with strawberry shortcake for dessert, a yummy butter bean and chorizo soup, and a full-on Easter dinner with ham and cheesy potatoes, topped off by lemon meringue pie.  I knew we'd have lemon meringue.  I can't remember an Easter at Mom's without it.  It pretty much announces that Spring has arrived.  And I can't think of a better way to do that.

While I was at Mama Sass's, I got to work and finished up the long-promised cake topper.  While I'm posting this a day late, I hope you'll enjoy it.  It's nothing more than a tiny canvas, painted in solid aqua.  Then, I searched Google Images for a 'letter P' we all liked - not too fancy-flowery, not too technical, and not too childish (which, it turns out, many of them are, because of course, lots of folks are teaching their kids the letter P, but those just don't work for this purpose).  But that will be my new last initial, and I wanted it simple, strong, pretty, and clear.  You can see that it's about half the size of my cell phone.




I finally found the right one, and simply added it with a strong brown Sharpie.  It sits on a tiny artist's easel, which I think speaks of both of us.  It will perch nicely in the middle of a small cake.  Here it is.  What do you think?

Love, 

Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...