Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sass's Sunday Salvation Show

Hello everyone!  We had a relatively sleepy day - I finished a book this morning (I'll be reviewing it later in the week - check back!), worked on a couple of wedding projects, and fixed a nice dinner.  Plus, while I sat in my chair, glue gun at the ready, I watched a marathon of zombies - 'Walking Dead' on AMC.  Not exactly light, cheerful fare; rather a bit apocalyptic, gory, gooey (and more than a little cheesy).  

Dinner at day's end was good.  I made homemade chicken bacon pizza, crudite, salad, and fro-yo strawberry shakes.  Yummy.  I found a really good, really easy recipe for pizza crust on All Recipes.  It has over 1,800 ratings, with 4.5 stars overall.  Good enough for me to give it a try.  It really was easy.  The only thing I changed in my process was that, after I added the yeast to the warm water and sugar, I let it 'bloom' a bit before adding the rest of the ingredients.  The recipe makes enough dough to fill the bottom of a cookie sheet, too.  After stretching out the dough, I spread on a small jar of pizza sauce, bacon bits, re-hydrated green pepper (I didn't have a fresh one), a smallish diced yellow onion, diced cooked chicken, a good sprinkling of black pepper, and grated Monterrey Jack cheese (again, no mozzie, but jack is nice, too.) I grated a little Romano over the top of the jack, and sprinkled a teaspoon or so of a pizza herb mix.  I baked the pizza at 375 degrees for about half an hour - until the cheese turned a bit golden.  

Fabulous blogger that I am, I forgot to take a picture when it came out of the oven.  Here's what it looked like when dinner was over, though!  That should tell you something! 


I even got a 'Not too shabby!' from MMM - the master of understatement.  I figure I'm doing pretty well if I get a 'that's all right'  or 'not too shabby'.  He doesn't exactly load me down with praise, as a general rule, and claims to be picky.  He will occasionally say, "you make all kinds of yucky things taste good"!  Amazing. 

Can I change the subject and tell you a thing or two about Sherry?  Sherry, from Pondered, Primed, Perfected (P3), submitted my favorite link from last week; her work's not too shabby, either!  In fact, it's downright cute and clever.  She rescued a too-short, beat-up side table, and turned it around!.  Gave it a whole new, amazing life, as a matter of fact.  


Click over to Sherry's blog and check out more of her creativity.  She's got a sweet thang going over there - and tell her Sass sent you!

So Sherry, here's my button.  Thanks so much for showing us your cute new end table!

Sassafras Salvation


 
Time for this week's Salvation Show.  First, a few rules:
 
Share something you've done recently.  Take a moment to look at and comment on someone else's link - we're all in this together!  Please consider becoming a follower of Sassafras Salvation and take a Sunday Salvation Show button to remind yourself and others to come back again and again!

Sassafras Salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...