Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sneak Peek Saturday - Chalkboard Attribute Plaques


I keep getting all these ideas about things I want to do, and while MMM gives me the 'eye' (because it's not exactly like we don't have enough on our plates),  I can't seem to help myself.  Our wedding is now less than two months away - September 1st is speeding its way here!  We're doing everything we can to avoid creating any debt, while still having a really sweet little wedding.  That means DIY - or thrift.  Of course, within reason, as you can see if you click over here and look at some of the other Saturday Sneak Peeks over the last few months.


This was a quick and simple project.  I just cut up a piece of fiberboard (this is actually a kind of paper product that comes in boards rather than sheets, and it's mostly intended for shelving, etc.) using a  power saw.  It actually was just a piece of scrap, so it cost me nothing.  I recently was in Billings, where, naturally, I spent a couple of hours in Hobby-Lobby.  Most of you, I imagine, have a Hobby Lobby within an hour's drive.  Billings is the site of the only Hob-Lob in Montana, and it's three and a half hours away.  So when you go, you prepare to drop a dime or two, and you spend some real time.  


I bought a spray can of chalkboard paint in black while I was there.  It just took two quick coats of that paint to coat all but the back side of each of these boards.  Then I just waited for them to dry.  That fiberboard really soaked up the first coat, but I was satisfied with the appearance, after a second layer.


I measured side to side and divided by two to find the exact center of each of these boards - so they'd hang straight.  Then I drilled a little starter hole to place the decorative screw hanger in.  This fiberboard is really hard to just twist the screw into without a starting point drilled.  (Not like I tried to do that or anything.  I'm incredibly patient and ALWAYS plan things out.  Just don't ask MMM about that.  Please?)


I chose words that reflect the attributes that mark a successful marriage. We'll do our best to live out these every day.  I wrote them using a liquid chalkboard marker, each in a different style, with a different border around each edge.


I intend to hang these with ribbon from the rail fence that surrounds the perimeter of my sister's yard, near where the guests will sit.
 

Here's just a few more of the collection, for you to peruse:





I intend to make a few more before the big day.  I have some other words I'd like to include. 

Love,

Sass

26 comments:

  1. These chalkboard plaques are amazing, very simple but yet with a great look and wonderful message, thank you for sharing, congratulations on your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be best regards providing you this web site simply because
    taking part in PSN is very addictive in addition to getting PSN codes
    totally free is cool. Just as before, all you want to do is
    usually look at the internet site previously mentioned, stick to your guidance, and you may get your own cost-free signal regarding PSN.
    The item isn’t tricky, this merely will take some time.
    There is certainly, on the other hand, some sort of restriction of a
    single value every day. Unsurprisingly of which rule is
    position, if that wasn’t the particular unique codes might speedily lessen. Other rules come
    in your Phrases connected with Service and the Policy of the internet site.
    If you follow the many principles, you'll be given the program code at the conclusion from the ways.


    Here is my page - working psn codes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niсe weblog right Һere! Additionally your web sіte lots up very faѕt!
    What host are you the usage of? Can I get yߋur
    affiliate hyperlink fоr your host? I wish my wеbsite loaded up
    as quickly as yours lol

    my weblog removal company london

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...