Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sass's Sunday Salvation Show #20

Sunday went by in a blur.  We started the day with sausage gravy and biscuits, ended it with chicken fajitas, and are looking forward to warm lemon pudding cake for dessert - I'll share the easy-peasy recipe later in the week.  

All of our in-between time was filled with some pretty hard work.  Here's what I've been up to:


Doesn't that look like fun?  Believe me, it wasn't fun, but it was really a good feeling to get that all up.  MMM and I are working to get the mother-in-law apartment attached to the house prepped and ready for his mom to move into.  At present, they share the main house, and this apartment needs to be made liveable, so that he and I can re-work the main house to be our home.  You'll get plenty of pics of that process, once we're married and it's completely underway.  While we've worked quite a bit on MMMom's place, I haven't really felt that it's OK for me to share her home.  It's her own bit of privacy.  


 But I thought you'd like to see what I've been up to.  Fortunately, the rug pad was only glued around the edges, as you can see from the foot-wide strip under the garbage can, above.  The tack strip pulled up little divots from the cement floor as I popped it up and wedged it free with a crowbar.  We haven't entirely worked out the floor finish in this room, as we're working on a limited budget, but it's coming along.  We've set a goal to have it ready for move-in by mid-May.  I'll keep you posted.

My favorite link from last week's Sunday Salvation Show was this wonderfully colorful and useful game cabinet by Lori at Bleak to Unique.  She found a real treasure, perfect for her game-lovin' family, and transformed it into the perfect dedicated storage for their many family games.  It's happy and bright.  You need to check her out!


 For Lori at Bleak 2 Unique, my 'Featured' Button:

Sassafras Salvation





Time for this week's Salvation Show.  First, a few rules:
 
Share something you've done recently.  Take a moment to look at and comment on someone else's link - we're all in this together!  Please consider becoming a follower of Sassafras Salvation and take a Sunday Salvation Show button to remind yourself and others to come back again and again!

Sassafras Salvation

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the feature....awesomeness! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.bleak2unique.com/2012/04/spring-flowers.html...Now your featured too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...