Friday, December 23, 2011

Primitive Skates Door Decor

I wanted to share a little project I made some years back.  This was another craft inspired by Mama Sass.  My sister and I were home over the holidays, and she'd gathered supplies - essentially nothing but skates, brushes, and acrylic paints.  We sat down and started painting.  Here's what resulted:


I put greenery in the tops and hang them by my door.  They're as pretty as any wreath.  They have to hang a certain way for the road to 'flow' from one skate to the other.   I love to paint primitive art.  There's a certain charm about it.  Here are two more of the scene's details:



I hope you enjoy them. They sure were a lot of fun to paint.  My sister's skates have chickadees on a pine branch.  I should have taken pics of hers, as well, but then you'd see who the really fine artist is in our family!  These hang by my door every Christmas season, and I always get nice comments.

Love,

Sass

2 comments:

  1. HI, Kathy

    These are so lovely! Happy New Year's.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow such a great idea and the detail work and artistry here are fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing this on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...