Thursday, March 29, 2012

More Spring Mantel - Song of Spring


This sign announces Spring in our little corner of Montana.  I found an old wall plaque that was decoupaged, sixties-style, to a 1" wooden board.  I liked the size and shape, and the Goodwill price was right, so I brought it home.  I just mod-podged strips of music across it, then printed out the saying on the computer, cut that carefully out (chose that font carefully, too, so that it would be pretty much continuous), then mod-podged that over the top of the music.  A few bits of green vinery, cut from cardstock, and a few silk flowers complete the face of it.

It actually had a existing hanger on the back, and for a while, it hung on that hanger, but it was too high, and I didn't like the way it looked.  Kinda bunched up, like a guy with no neck.  I decided it had to have a different sort of hanger so as to hang lower from the mantelpiece.  I asked MMM to drill me a couple of holes. (Not that I couldn't do it myself, but they're his tools and he knows where the drill bits are!) Thankfully, he was happy to help out.)  I had picked up this nice garden tool at the Dollar Store earlier in the day, and he drilled a hole through the spade, as well.  Then I just tied it to the plaque with a bit of black ribbon.

Now, we're busy proclaiming the Song of Spring!  I'm not 100% sure I love it, but I like it a lot! ;-)

Love,

Sass

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kathy

    I love how your sign turned out. Its lovely!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...