Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Mantel - Window and Wreath



Here is where the inspiration for the whole Spring Mantel came from:  the scrapbook paper section at Michael's.  I fell in love with a grouping of papers, and had to buy one of each.  But I'm not really a scrapper.... so what was I to do with them?  Aha!  I cut them in long, very narrow pennant shapes.  Then I simply curled them, just like you would  curling ribbon.  I love the fact that you can see both sides of the paper in the curls.  Scrapbook paper lends itself to this particularly well.

I covered the styrofoam wreath shape with ribbon - just wound it around and around, then fixed it in place with a drop or two of hot glue.  Then, one at a time, I attached these curls to the wreath frame, and tacked it to my window with a bit of the same ribbon I used to wrap the foam shape.

Are you loving my window?  I went to the ReStore, and there it was, waiting for me.  I have to say, the ReStore has figured out that folks want these old windows for decorative purposes, and I ended up paying a premium price for it.  Not particularly happy about that, but I'm pleased, at least, that the ReStore does the work of God, making sure that low income people have the opportunity to enter into the American Dream of homeownership via Habitat for Humanity.  So, if I have to pay a little more for my window - better I do that at the ReStore than just about anywhere else.  I carried this home with more than a little happiness.

Love,

Sass

1 comment:

  1. You did a fantastic job...I always loved curly ribbon. I'm glad I found your blog at the Creations by Kara party. I'm a new follower too, so I can keep in touch. I would love if you stopped by and followed back on LF and GFC. Nice to meet you, Lori

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...