Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sass's Sunday Salvation Show #17

What a crazy weekend!  I've been so busy now that it actually looks like Spring might arrive (Omigosh!  I am soooo EXCITED! It's never seemed this slow to come before.  I'm sure it's just me, but I feel like I've been waiting for years!)

On Friday, I stayed home from work.  I was pretty sure I was coming down with a stomach bug (norovirus is going around pretty good), but I have a hard time just sitting around all day.  And I don't have television at my house.  Occasionally, on a quiet evening, I will pop in an old movie, but during the day, I just turn on K-Love, and listen and sing along while I work. So yes, I was achy, but aside from a small uneasy feeling, nothing came of it.  So, instead, I got a bunch things done.

I changed out and washed the towels in the master bathroom, stripped and changed the bed, scooped the kitty poop, refilled the kitties' self feeder, swept the bathrooms' and kitchen floors, vacuuumed all the carpet, scrubbed my stovetop and set the oven to self-clean, wiped that out, scrubbed the faces of all my large appliances,  changed out my old canisters for some new ones I bought earlier at Goodwill, scrubbed my countertops, did a load of laundry and a load of dishes, and fixed dinner (just Papa Murphy's pizza) for MMM and I.  We watched In Time on DVD and cuddled on the sofa.  At the end of the day, I felt great about all I had accomplished.  It isn't often that my day goes so well.  And I got to have some real solitary time.  I hadn't realized how much I miss that.

Saturday?  Slept in.  Went out to breakfast.  Went the the early bird matinee of The Hunger Games. Did a bit of shopping.  Ate leftovers for supper.  Posted Saturday's Sneak Peek.  Crocheted a little and went to bed.  I think I deserved a day like that.   I wish I had a day like each of those days in every one of my weeks.  That would be so wonderful!

We'd better get on with the Salvation Show, hadn't we?  I sure had a favorite from last week.  Kei, at Unfortunately Oh! crafted the most amazing Swarovski-inspired bracelet and her knockoff is so incredibly close to the original! I can't believe it!  You won't believe the comparison.


I'm a sucker for an interesting piece of jewelry, and Kei had me at Oh!  And not so 'unfortunately', either.  If I can just find a bit of braid that resembles hers, I'll be following her killer tutorial for a blazing knockoff of my own.  You just have to go over there and have a look.  Plus, you can consider it a cheapo vacation.  Kei is in the UK, so have a cuppa tea while you're visiting her.

For you, Kei, my 'Featured' Button:


Sassafras Salvation





Time for this week's Salvation Show.  First, a few rules:
 
Share something you've done recently.  Take a moment to look at and comment on someone else's link - we're all in this together!  Please consider becoming a follower of Sassafras Salvation and take a Sunday Salvation Show button to remind yourself and others to come back again and again!
Sassafras Salvation





3 comments:

  1. You're a lucky woman, Kathy :)
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't I know it? I assume you took a peek at my Saturday Sneak Peek. Yup. Life is wonderful. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting--and thanks for the feature :D

    Spring has definitely arrived here--there are daffodils everywhere and I even saw a butterfly today! In march!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...