Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An Autumn Topper

Crocheting is my fall-back stress relief.  I love to have a project in hand, and nearly always have one or two things in the works.  For instance, right now, I have plans for more dishcloths.  Those are my easiest and best ongoing project.  I love to tuck a stack of three dishcloths in with most gifts.  Everyone can use them, and there's nothing nicer to use than a handmade 100% cotton dishcloth.  Mine are very plain, very utilitarian, and very sturdy.  I love to make them and love to gift them.  I also have a hat and scarf underway, as well as an afghan.  I have plans to learn to knit this year, as well.  I hope I'm coordinated enough.  

Just lately, I crocheted a little bucket-y hat.  It's made with chunky yarn and it's sturdy enough, I could have added a handle and turned it into a little basket, but I had hatlike intentions, and so it came to be.

It's certainly versatile, in terms of size.  Both my granddaughter (who was reluctant to model, until MMM made her smile) and I are modeling it here.







What do you think? Do you have a hobby that lets you work out life's knots?

I'm linking up to a party here.

Love,

Sass

1 comment:

  1. This hat is absolutely adorable and I love it. Kai looks amazing modeling it and thanks to MMM for helping her smile. Just an FYI, I would love one of these for Christmas Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...