Sunday, October 30, 2011

Old School, New Cool #3 - Do You Know Where You're Going To?




I found an old book from Better Homes and Gardens, and while I nearly passed it up, I'm glad I took a second look.  It was published in 1960- 51 years ago -- before I was even born!  The image above is from that book.  It's Old School............they suggested using maps for decor.

But no doubt, Better Homes and Gardens had a visionary on staff, because this many years later, look at the 2011 trend:


Pottery Barn

APKHandmade at Etsy

Better Homes and Gardens.... who else?

Chez Larson

Domestic Ease

Eclu at Etsy

FuguDesigns at Etsy

MdoubleM at Etsy


SewDarnSimple at Etsy
I love each and every one of these clever ideas!  But you know what I think?  That's right.  I think that there's nothing new under the sun.  Just unique new ways to make Old Cool into New School.


Love,

Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...