Saturday, October 8, 2011

Quick and Classy

I love a quick project that has great results.  I am not famed for my patience.  I want it done and I want it done yesterday, with as little fuss as possible.  And I hate to re-do anything.  Wasted work?  Grrr.

So this project was perfect.  First of all, it involved my new love, ORB.  You know what I'm talking about... Oil Rubbed Bronze.  That spray paint king of all spray paint.  It's magic in a can, I swear.  You could paint your dumpster with this stuff and the local art museum would be begging to put it in their next show.  It's not cheap, but it's worth it.  So don't go painting your dumpster.  Unless you're rich or sumpthin.

I found a mirror with a frame made from that lovely plastic they called Syroco in the 70s.  it was white with gold 'accents'.  I've previously ranted about the exotic naming of nothing more than petroleum-based molding material, but I have to admit that a little ORB and Syroco make for some lovely reveals.   I just took the screws off the back to remove the mirror, spray painted the frame, waited for it to dry, and reassembled the lot.  So easy. 


And look at the results:



Now that's a wow.

What's wowed you lately?

I'm linking up at

Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk Interiors
Polly Want a Crafter
Love,

Sass

P.S. I have not been paid by anyone for anything I said or did on this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...