Sunday, October 23, 2011

Old School, New Cool #2

I recently began a series based on a book I found in my local thrift shop -- It's Decorating Ideas, published by Better Homes and Gardens in 1960.  I nearly passed the book by, but I was struck by the number of decorating coincidences between 1960 and the present.  So many, in fact, that I thought it would be interesting to see what old school decor has been reborn in new cool ways.

Chalkboard projects abound these days.  I love them all.  There are so many interesting, useful, and sometimes, just downright cute ways to use chalkboard paints, including mixing up your own!  If you've just recently entered the World of Blog, and haven't seen how that's done, go here, and you'll soon be painting every surface in sight, so you can write on it, erase what you wrote, and write something else.  And so on, and so on.

I've surfed around a little and have amassed a small collection of New Cool chalkboard projects (hardly a taste of all that's out there, if you go searching):

A beautifully bordered table.......

Some cleverly organized tags..........

An entire wall of kitchen kitsch.........

A colorfully categorized dresser........

An hidden benefit in the pantry......

A nursery gallery wall.........

A shades of gray wall calendar........

Jars of careful labels.........

And a personalized clockface!



And what, pray tell, was Better Homes and Gardens promoting as decor in 1960?  Here it is, old school style:





There is nothing new under the sun!  That's how it's done, whether old school or new cool!

I'm linking up:



Love,

Sass



1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a find might not be new ideas but i guess perhaps expanded upon. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...