Monday, January 9, 2012

Architectural Salvage Jewelry

Some time ago, MMM's mom (I think I need a fun name for her - like MMMom, since my mother is Mama Sass.) and I were thumbing through a craft magazine that's all about recycling items.  There was a great article about using valve handles for jewelry.  We were both just taken by the creativity of that idea, and she set out immediately to score some valve handles on ebay.  She did well:


Here's Mr. Waddles doing his supermodel thing by the loot.  Aren't they beautiful?  I actually think that, instead of architecture, these could probably be more accurately referenced as 'engineering salvage', since they have a water valve connection.  It doesn't sound quite as lofty as 'architecture', but it doesn't take away from our anticipation to turn these into lovely things.

Oh!  You must see the jewelry:



That's me, doing MY supermodel thing.  Yeah, I know.  Gisele has nothing to worry about.  Look at how beautiful that jewelry turned out....  The center of that valve handle is an antique earring.  I pulled the clip back off it, and glued it on with jewelry glue.  Then I took apart a salvaged necklace, and put together the coordinating pieces.






These will be going up for sale in my Etsy store.  Maybe they could be yours?

Love, 


Sass

7 comments:

  1. Your jewelry turned out gorgeous! Pinning it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cute, I love the cherries! I need to do something cute like this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Great idea to upcycle.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bracelet came out great! The earrings are so cute too. I'm tempted to give jewelry making a try. I have lots of vintage jewelry and vintage buttons too. You've inspired me! I'm your newest follower and I hope you can pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back. Have a great week!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work and I love the upcycling!! I really like the organza ribbon necklace cord too!! I'm your newest follower!!

    Thanks for linking this post up to Lisa's Linky List #2!!

    ~Lisa
    Lisa's Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous jewellery Kathy! Bold and beautiful!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cool. Who would have thought to use water valves? Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...