Sunday, January 8, 2012

The return: Sass's Sunday Salvation Show #6

Wow.  Just wow.  I set a bunch of New Year's resolutions and the first thing I do is take a week off from blogging.  I have to say that I really needed it, however.  I didn't take but a couple of days off before Thanksgiving, and I hosted both Thanksgiving and New Year's at my home, so I really had a busy schedule throughout the holiday season.  But it's time. 

First I want to share with you a little end-of-the-season pretty.  When I shared with you all the prettiest ornaments in my collection, I mentioned that, as a kid, my mom always bought ornament kits from LeeWards - which, from what little I have been able to gather, was bought out by Michael's Craft Stores.  I think many of the kits that we bought are now also available through Herrschner's.  But I digress. 

While I was doing a little thrift shopping after Christmas, I ran across an old LeeWards ornament kit - entirely unopened, all pieces ready and waiting for me!  I was pretty tickled, especially considering that I'd just been reminiscing about those kits.  If, like me, you're a craft geek, then you'll know that those are warm, sweet memories.  And here I was handed a the opportunity to crack open a kit just like a little gift!  So here's what came of that:




A sweet little, slightly geeky, hot air balloon ornament, all adorned in beads, sequins, and pearls.  I sat in front of a New Year's Day series marathon (Hells on Wheels, on AMC, I think...) and put it together.  Yes, there have been a couple of sequin sightings since that day.  They were always pretty good about putting just a few more than absolutely necessary in each pack.  Isn't it cute?

Now, Christmas is all packed away.  Next year, we'll unpack my Christmas stuff, and MMM's Christmas stuff, and the stuff I made this year, and my, oh, my, won't we have fun?

It's time for another Sass's Sunday Salvation Show - it's the sixth one, and I'm happy to say that I hit fifty followers this weekend - I am blown away that anyone at all is interested in what I'm doing, much less fifty of you lovely folks!  Thanks so much for stopping by here and reading and following.  I am so honored!

Here are the rules:

Share something you've done recently.  Take a moment to look at and comment on someone else's link - we're all in this together!  Please consider becoming a follower of Sassafras Salvation and take a Sunday Salvation Show button to remind yourself and others to come back again and again!




Sassafras Salvation







6 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to your party! I linked up, grabbed a button, and am following your site :) I host a party on Fridays and would love it if you would link up too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and inviting me over. I love your hose faucet bracelet! My husband's a plumber and he brings me all different shapes, colors, and sizes to use in projects. We're making a coat rack for the back porch right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and inviting me over. I love your hose faucet bracelet! My husband's a plumber and he brings me all different shapes, colors, and sizes to use in projects. We're making a coat rack for the back porch right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting me to link up - I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with too many recipes at once! I really like the concept of your blog - and it's cute, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...