Saturday, January 21, 2012

Valentine Mantel

So here, at last, is the Valentine's Day mantel in all it glory.  I added one little thing to it - a printable I found somewhere a year ago (if you recognize it, please tell me so that I can credit it properly).  I popped it into a pink frame and propped it in its place by the antique love potion bottle.  I apologize for the dark and fuzzy photography, but I guarantee that if you take the time to read it, it will make you smile. 


And so - Voila!  (Sidenote:  I hate it when I read someone's blog and s/he types 'WAH-LA!'  Ack!  It's not even a correct pronunciation; the French say the 'v'.  Believe me, given the opportunity, I would drive most people insane with my persnickety grammar.)

Back to my point - Voila!  The mantel!  I know it's cutesy and inelegant, but most of Valentine's Day is, too.  I don't care.  I like cutesy once in a while.  It's good for the heart.  The whole thing is kind of a big smile with rosy eyes and a red heart nose, dontcha think? (And pointy teeth) Yup.  Cute and inelegant.  Love it.


So go be the bubbles to your Sweetheart's bath!  

Love,

Sass

1 comment:

  1. Now that you mention the teeth...

    Too funny about the spelling and grammar. You probably don't want to read my blog. I do try to remember spell check, but, sometimes...
    I think it is so adorable that every other line is about some kind of food! Makes me hungry.
    Have a great week Kathy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...