Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm on a January Jewelry Kick!



It is impossible to spray paint in Montana in mid-winter.  It simply cannot be done.  Too darned cold.  So, lately I have turned my hand to creating pretty jewelry pieces.  The one you're looking at here was for Mama Sass, for her birthday.  Her day was January 11th, so I'm posting this a couple of days late.  But I mailed it off only the day before.  It was really important to me that she not see her gift online, but have it in hand before she read all about it - I'm sure you agree that was for the best, right?

 

If you look a little critically at this set - it's necklace, earrings, and bracelet - you'll notice a couple of things.  One - those silver spacer beads seem a bit tarnished, and two - those colors have a strangely vintage flair.


Here's why - I have in my possession a whole lot of my grandmother's old jewelry.  That would be my Mama Sass's mother.  Grandma Carter.....now gone on to live with Jesus, but the bestest grandma a girl could have.  Mama Sass cared for her mother in her home for the last several years of her life, after my grandpa passed away.  This was just one of Grandma's beaded necklaces that I took apart and re-constructed into several pieces for my mom.  

I hope you like it, Mom.  And I hope your birthday was great.  I love you.

Sass

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely gift for your mum! So pretty!

    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your fingerless gloves on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 84
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...